EU Plastic Ban
- The European Parliament and the Council of the European Union have agreed to withdraw single-use plastic products from the market
Regulatory action EU guideline
- June 5, 2019 on reducing the impact of certain plastic products on the environment
- which guideline? -->(EU) 2019/904 The European Parliament and the Council of the European Union
- plastic ban in charge from July 3, 2021 in Germany and the entire EU
- from then on, cotton swabs, cutlery, plates, drinking straws, stirrers and balloon sticks made of plastic as well as to-go drinks cups, fast food packaging and disposable food containers made of expanded polystyrene (known as Styrofoam) are prohibited.
- reason for the ban: "We damage our environment, animals and ultimately our own health as well"
- the ban becomes law on July 3, 2021
- alternatives are for example sugar cane products